The activity of Kherson State Maritime Academy and its subdivisions, departments, services is carried out in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine “On Higher Education” of 01.07.2014 № 1556-VІІ (Article 16 Higher Education Quality Assurance System), “On Education” of 05.09.2017 45 2145-VІІІ (Article 41, Education Quality Assurance System), KSMA Statute.
Higher internal education quality assurance system in the Academy is an integral part of the higher education quality assurance system in Ukraine and consists of ensuring and monitoring the quality of higher education and educational activities in the academy and is carried out in accordance with the “Regulation on the internal education quality assurance system in Kherson State Maritime Academy”QMS 04-50-2021 https://ksma.ks.ua/wp-content/uploads
Ensuring and monitoring the higher education quality at the Academy is aimed at assessing the learning outcomes of students through a gradual transition to transparent methods of assessment and application of rating scales, as well as differentiated approaches to assessing the learning outcomes of students.
Ensuring and monitoring the quality of educational activities at the Academy include the following measures:
– conducting internal audits of the quality of activity of the structural units of the Academy, which ensure the functioning of the educational process;
– establishing feedback with participants of the educational process (surveys, questionnaires of students, academic and pedagogical staff, staff of the Academy, employers);
– system of rating assessment of the quality of activity of the academic and pedagogical staff and students of the Academy;
– control over professional development of the Academy staff;
– availability of information on the results of activities on the official website of KSMA;
– establishing feedback to ensure the quality of training and its constant improvement;
– carrying out measures to detect and prevent academic plagiarism.