The training system of cadets/student is fully in line with the requirements of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW 78/95 as amended).
The main department’s tasks of educational and methodical work are:
- optimization of the structure and content of academic disciplines;
- improving the methodology of training;
- improving the scientific and pedagogical qualification of the department’s teachers;
- implementation of the results of department’s scientific researches in educational process;
- development of the educational-methodical and logistical support of educational classes;
- implementation of interactive forms of learning in the learning process using LMS MOODLE;
- development of certification programs for cadets/student;
- participation in the development of educational programs for bachelors, masters and doctors of philosophy in the ship technical systems and complexes management.
The quality of training is ensured by:
– using interactive teaching methods;
– consolidation of theoretical knowledge and demonstration of the acquired skills of carrying a machine watch on full-function simulators of the engine room;
– practical shipboard training;
– forming professional skills in the technical use, maintenance and repair of elements of the vessel’s power plant in the department laboratories.
Demonstration of acquired competencies is also carried out by passing test tasks, doing and defense of course projects and graduation works, as well as during the passing a comprehensive qualification exam.
The department teachers systematically work on improving the methods of control of learning materials (testing, development of control tasks and examination materials), optimization of tasks for independent work, etc.
The department teaches the following disciplines:
- according to the vocational training program for Bachelors of vessel technical systems and complexes management
– Introduction to specialty;
– Preparing for shipboard practice;
Vessel’s boiler plants and their operation;
Vessel’s refrigeration equipment and its operation;
Vessel’s turbine plants and their operation;
Vessel’s internal combustion engines and their operation;
Vessel’s diesel units and systems and their operation;
Vessel’s auxiliary installations and systems, cargo and deck mechanisms;
Technical diagnostics of vessel’s power plants;
Maintenance and repair of vessel’s technical equipment;
Technical use of vessel’s technical equipment, ER crew management and safe watchkeeping;
Laboratory workshop “Simulator training”;
Preparing for certification.
according to the vocational training program of training Masters of operation of ship’s technical systems and complexes
Organization and technology of vessel repair;
Optimization of operating modes of vessels power plants;
Use of methods of technical diagnostics during the operation of vessel’s technical equipment;
Prevention of pollution of the marine environment;
Vessel mechanisms and systems, their maintenance and operation;
Organization of vessel’s power plants technical operation;
Work and management organization of the vessel’s crew;
The use of technical diagnostics methods during the operation of vessel’s equipment.
according to the vocational training program of training Doctors of Philosophy of vessel technical systems and complexes operation
Practical methods of mathematical statistics in scientific researches
Water transport system engineering
Research methods of vessel’s technical systems and complexes
Methods of ensuring the quality and reliability of vessel’s technical systems and complexes
Methods of objects and vessel’s technical systems and complexes identification
Methods of full-scale and model tests of vessel’s technical systems and complexes
Modeling of functioning processes in organizational and technical systems
Management of vessel’s power systems and complexes working processes
Modern control systems for work processes of vessel’s internal combustion engines
Information systems for vehicles monitoring
Information methods for efficiency assessment of technical systems and complexes
Computer modeling of systems and processes of vessel’s power systems and complexes
Management optimization in vessel’s power systems and complexes.