English language department for maritime officers (abridged programme)
Directions of scientific research
In 2021 the scientific and pedagogical staff of the faculty began work on the research theme “Theoretical, methodological and didactic aspects of ensuring the quality of marine specialists’ communicative competence formation”. This research is a continuation of the previous research work of the faculty “Development of key competences of a marine specialist in the process of English learning”.
The main objectives of research are:
– develop a roadmap for the quality development of the professional speaking competence of marine professionals;
– search and test the methodological and didactic quality ensuring means of the professional speaking competence of marine professionals;
– develop a system for the development of multi-level professional speaking competence in accordance with the qualifications of marine specialists.
Scientific achievements of the department for 2017 – 2021
1. Pindosova Tamara. The category of intertextuality in the literary texts of D. Brown: pragmastylistic aspect, 10.02.04 – Germanic Languages, K 67.051.05, Kherson State University. Date of defense: June 26, 2019. Date of graduation: October 15, 2019. DK № 054341.
2. Yurzhenko Alona. Formation of communicative competence of future ship engineers on the basis of a gamified approach, 13.00.04 – Theory and Methods of Vocational Education, specialized scientific council K 67.051.02. Date of defense: June 13, 2020. Date of graduation: September 24, 2020. DK № 057742.
3. Kutsenko Iryna is a postgraduate student at Kherson Academy of Continuing Education, specialty 011 – Educational and Pedagogical Sciences.
Certificate of authorship
1. Afanasievska I.O., Hryshko Y.V., Dyagileva O., Kudriavtseva V.F., Litikova O.I., Tokareva O.V. Ship’s Heart. Student’s Book. № 84904 dated January 28, 2019.
2. Yurzhenko A., Denichenko I.M., Kudryivtseva V.F., Litikova O.I., Parkhomenko O.A., Tokareva O.V., Yaresko N.S. Full Ahead. Student’s Book. № 37508596 dated January 23, 2019.
Articles in foreign scientific publications
1. Pindosova T.S. Individual Style of D. Brown: Functional Approach East European Science Journal. Warsaw, Poland, 2018. Volume 3. P. 70 – 74.
2. Ryabukha I.M. Professional maritime educational institutions of the XІХth century as basis for maritime education development in Ukraine (historical and retrospective review) . Reports of the Kazakh Academy of Education. №1, Astana, Kazakhstan. 2018. P.33-41.
3. Ryabukha I.M. Training of maritime professionals as a component of the system of vocational education in Ukraine (analytical and historiographical review). Reports of the Kazakh Academy of Education. – № 4. – 2017. – P. 14-19.
4. Ryabukha I.M. Trends in the training of seafarers at educational institutions and in the workplace at the turn of the century. Reports of the Kazakh Academy of Education. №3, Astana, Kazakhstan. 2018. pp. 38–46.
5. Yurzhenko A. An e-course based on the LMS MOODLE to teach “Мaritime English for professional purpose”, Information Technologies and Learning Tools. 2019, Vol 71, №3. – Р.92-101. Access: https://journal.iitta.gov.ua/index.php/itlt/article/view/2512.
6. Yurzhenko A., Popova H. Competency framework as an instrument to assess professional competency of future seafarers, Proc. 15th Int. Conf. ICTERI 2019. Volume I: Main Conference. – Kherson, Ukraine, June 12-15, 2019. P. 409-413. URL: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2387/20190409.pdf.
7. Dyagileva O., Goridko N., Popova H., Voloshynov S., Yurzhenko A. Ensuring sustainable development of education of future maritime transport professionals by means of network interaction. The International Conference on Sustainable Futures: Environmental, Technological, Social and Economic Matters (ICSF 2020). Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine, May 20-22, 2020 / Eds. : S. Semerikov, S. Chukharev, S. Sakhno, A. Striuk, V. Osadchyi, V. Solovieva, T. Vakaliuk, P. Nechypurenko, O. Bondarenko, H. Danylchuk // E3S Web of Conferences. – 2020. – Volume 166. – Article 10003. – DOI : 10.1051/e3sconf/202016610003.
8. Cherniavskyi V., Popova H., Sherman M., Voloshynov S., Yurzhenko A. Mixed reality technologies as tool to form professional competency of sea transport professionals. ICTERI-2020, Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on ICT in Research, Education and Industrial Applications. Kharkiv, Ukraine, October 6-10, 2020 / Edited by : Vadim Ermolayev, Frédéric Mallet, Vitaliy Yakovyna, Vyacheslav Kharchenko, Vitaliy Kobets, Artur Korniłowicz, Hennadiy Kravtsov, Mykola Nikitchenko, Serhiy Semerikov, Aleksander Spivakovsky. Р.217-231.
9. Kolesnichenko N., Hladun T., Dyagileva O., Hats L., Karnaukhova A. Increasing students’ motivation to learn at tertiary educational institutions. International Journal of Higher Education. Vol 9, No 7 (2020). DOI: https://doi.org/10.5430/ijhe.v9n7p166.
1. Ryabukha I.M. Maritime education in Ukraine in the second half of XVIII – early XXI century: monograph; approved by the Academic Council of the Municipal Higher Educational Institution “Kherson Academy of Continuing Education” (Minutes of January 23, 2019 № 1). / Ivan Mikhailovich Ryabukha. Kherson: Borysfen-pro TOV, 2019. ISBN 978-966-97776-9-0.
2. Fedorova O.V. Abstract mental model of the “little man’s” image development. Development and modernization of philological sciences: experience of Poland and prospects of Ukraine: Collective monograph. – Lublin: Izdevnieciba “Baltija Publishing”, 2017. – Р. 377–396.
3. Sherman M., Popova H., Yurzhenko A. Research on the development of professional navigational competence of future ship navigators by mixed reality simulation technologies. Innovative scientific researches: European development trends and regional aspect. Collective monograph. – 1st ed. – Riga, Latvia: “Baltija Publishing”, 2020. – p. 426-446. ISBN 978-9934-588-38-9
Articles in domestic professional publications
1. Dyagileva O., Leshchenko O.M., Pazyak A.S., Yurzhenko A. Development of an intelligent chatbot of the Department of International Cooperation. Collection of scientific papers “Information Technologies in Education”; (ITE), (43), 27- 38. URL: http://ite.kspu.edu/index.php/ite/article/view/765.
2. Dyagileva O., Leshchenko O.M., Pazyak A.S., Yurzhenko A. Formation of teachers’ readiness for project activity in the context of scientific and methodological work of the department of international cooperation. Engineering and Educational technologies. 2020. T. 8. № 2. P. 92–101. doi: https://doi.org/10.30929/2307-9770.2020.08.02.08.
3. Dyagileva O.S., Yurzhenko A. Yu. E-course «English week 2018-2019» for the organization of extracurricular work in English for future ship engineers. Foreign Languages / ch. ed. – N.V. Mayer. – К: KNLU, 2019. – №3. – P. 34-42.
4. Kutsenko I.V. Historical aspects of monitoring students’ learning outcomes in Ukrainian Maritime establishments (end of 20th century). Pedagogical almanac: collection of scientific works / editors V.V. Kuzmenko (chairman) and others. – Kherson: Kherson Academy of Continuing Education, 2018. – Issue 37. – P. 271-275.
5. Kutsenko І.V. Monitoring of educational attainment of students at Kherson maritime educational institutions from the 1970s to the 1990s of the 20th century. Scientific Bulletin of the Institute of Technical and Vocational Education of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine. Professional Pedagogy: coll. Science. works: Issue. 18. – ZhKKGV “Polissya” ZHOR., 2019. – S. 210-213.
6. Kutsenko І.V. Theoretical bases of monitoring students’ learning outcomes in maritime establishments. Pedagogical almanac: collection of scientific works / editors V.V. Kuzmenko (chairman) and others. – Kherson: Kherson Academy of Continuing Education, 2018. – Issue 38. – P. 109-113.
7. Kutsenko І.V. Retrospective analysis of the formation of the concept “monitoring of students’ learning achievements”. Pedagogical almanac: a collection of scientific works. – Kh.: KVNZ “Kherson Academy of Continuing Education”, 2017. – Issue. 35. – P. 289-294.
8. Pindosova T.S. Genre peculiarities of English intellectual detective (case study of D. Brown’s fictions). Southern archive. Collection of scientific works. Philological Sciences. – Issue LXVIII. – Kherson, 2017. – P. 66 – 69.
9. Pindosova T.S. Functions of historical allusions in D. Brown’s detective novels. Scientific notes of the National University “Ostroh Academy”. Series “Philology”. – Ostroh: Publishing House of the National University “Ostroh Academy”, 2017. – Issue. 64. – P. 73 – 76.
10. Ryabukha I.M. The impact of regulatory acts of the European Union on the development of the Ukrainian system of maritime education (late XX – early XXI century). Pedagogical Sciences. № 86. Kherson, 2019. pp. 78-82.
11. Ryabukha I.M. The concept of sustainable development in maritime education and training of the early XXI century. Pedagogical almanac: a collection of scientific works / editors V.V. Kuzmenko (chairman) and others. Kherson: Kherson Academy of Continuing Education, 2019. Issue 41. 2019. P. 124-129.
12. Ryabukha I.M. Features of the use of training complex in the training of future sailors in the XXI century. Modern information technologies and innovative teaching methods in training: methodology, theory, experience, problems. №50, Vinnytsia. 2018 – P. 306-310.
13. Tymoshchuk Yu.V. Implementing Engage Study Activate in Teaching English For Specific Purpose for Future Seafarers. Innovative Pedagogy. Scientific Journal. Issue 11, Vol.3 / PU “Black Sea Research Institute of Economics and Innovation” – Odessa, 2019. – P. 81-85.
14. Tsyganenko О.А. Modern Foreign Language Teaching Using the Communicative Approach and its Practical Relevance. Innovative Pedagogy: Scientific journal. – Odessa: Black Sea Research Institute of Economics and Innovation, 2019. – Issue. 9, vol. 3. – P. 48–51.
15. Yurzhenko A. The use of learningapps gamification activities as controlled exercises in MOODLE e-course. Pedagogical Sciences: Theory, History, Innovative Technologies: scientific magazine / head. ed. A.A. Sbruiev. – Sumy: Publishing House Sumy State Pedagogical University n.a. A.S. Makarenko, 2019. – № 1 (85). – P. 278-288.
16. Yurzhenko A. Yu. Experimental verification of the effectiveness of the model of formation of communicative competence in the system of professional training of future ship engineers. Innovative Pedagogy: scientific. magazine / editors Yaroshynska O.O. etc. Issue 9. – Vol.3. – Odessa: PU NDIEI, 2019. – P. 107-109.
17. Yurzhenko A.Yu. The role of gamified exercises created under the Not Potatoes program in the formation of communicative competence of ship engineers. Scientific notes of Berdyansk State Pedagogical University. Series: Pedagogical Sciences: collection of scientific works/ chief editor I. Bogdanov. – Berdyansk: BSPU, 2019. – Issue.1. – P.387-393.
1. Volkova A.S. Means of overcoming the language barrier in teaching speaking to students with a low level of English proficiency. Proceedings of the IV International Scientific and Practical Internet Conference “Problems and Prospects for the Development of Modern Science in Europe and Asia” // Collection of scientific works. – Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky, 2018 – P. 188-190.
2. Kutsenko I.V. The use of electronic testing as a means of monitoring the academic achievements of students of marine specialties. Training of specialists in the field of education and educational management: European dimension: proceedings of the International scientific-practical conference, Cherkasy, March 29-30, 2018 – Cherkasy: Publisher Chabanenko Y.A., 2018. – P. 103-105.
3. Kutsenko I.V. The first reforms of the monitoring of academic achievements of students of maritime educational institutions in the early 50s of the XX century. Theoretical and methodological foundations of education and management: proceedings of the V All-Ukrainian scientific-practical conference (September 12-13, 2019, Kherson) / ed. Kuzmenko V.V., Slyusarenko N.V.: in two parts. Part II. Kherson: Kherson Academy of Continuing Education 2019. – P 111-114.
4. Pindosova T.S. Argumentative and suggestive function of precedent names and titles in D. Brown’s intellectual detectives. Development of philological science in modern intercultural space: proceedings of the II scientific-practical conference, Mykolaiv, April 24-25, 2020. Kherson: Young Scientist Publishing House, 2020. P. 57-52.
5. Pindosova T.S. Intertextuality in the context of hermeneutics and synergies. Current trends in the development of philology and linguistics: proceedings of the scientific-practical conference, Chernihiv, June 14-15, 2019 – Kherson: Young Scientist Publishing House, 2019, pp. 62-66.
6. Pindosova T.S. Speech exercises in Maritime English classes. Pedagogical Sciences: history of development, current state and prospects of research: proceedings of the II scientific-practical conference, Poltava, March 27-28, 2020 Kherson: Young Scientist Publishing House, 2020 P. 68 – 73.
7. Ryabukha I.M. Teacher aspect of competence-based learning in the process of professional competence development of a seafarer at the beginning of XXI c. Proceedings of the IV All-Ukrainian scientific-methodical conference “Theoretical and methodological foundations of education and management” (November 13-14, 2018, Kherson) / ed. Kuzmenko V.V., Slyusarenko N.V.: in 2 parts – Part 2 – Kherson: Kherson Academy of Continuing Education 2018. – P. 71-76.
8. Ryabukha I.M. Peculiarities of the use of the educational and training complex in the training of future seafarers in the XXI century. Modern information technologies and innovative teaching methods in training of professionals: methodology, theory, experience, problems. №50, Vinnytsia. 2018 – P. 306-310.
9. Ryabukha I.M. Development of the use of simulators in the educational process of maritime educational institutions. Modern problems of humanities and social sciences: proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference / under the general edition of A.K. Kusainova (December 7, 2018, Astana). Astana: Eurasian Humanities Institute, 2018. P. 199-201.
10. Ryabukha I.M. The role of training equipment in the integrated assessment of the competencies of cadets of the maritime HEI in the XXI century. Modern problems of the humanities and social sciences. Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference. December 13, 2017 – Astana, 2017. – P. 45-47.
11. Savchenko O.O. Means of overcoming the language barrier in teaching speaking to students with low level of English proficiency Proceedings of the IV International scientific-practical Internet conference “Problems and prospects of modern science in Europe and Asia” // Collection of scientific works.- Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky, 2018 – P. 188-190.
12. Tymoshchuk Yu.V. The essence and specifics of foreign language professional competence of future maritime professionals in the process of learning English for professional purpose. Social work: today’s challenges: Collection of scientific works on the proceedings of the VIII International scientific-practical conference / under general. ed. of V.A. Polishchuk, S.M. Kalaur, G.I. Solozanska – Ternopil: TNPU. n.a. V. Hnatyuk, 2019. – P. 184-187.
13. Tymoshchuk Yu.V. Role of a Teacher in Development of Seafarers’ Competencies while Learning English at Higher Maritime Establishment Abstracts of the 10th International scientific and practical conference. Cognum Publishing House. Liverpool, United Kingdom. 2020. Pp. 206 -211.
14. Fedorova O.V. Maritime English competence assessment: communicative and competence approaches. Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference “Modern Philological Research: A Combination of Innovative and Traditional Approaches”, Georgia, Tbilisi, April 27 – 28, 2018: abstracts / Tbilisi: Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani Teaching University, 2018. – P. 219–222.
15. Fedorova O.V. Summative assessment of English language competence in the conditions of information technologies. The latest trends in teaching foreign language for professional purpose: proceedings of the IV All-Ukrainian (with international participation) scientific-practical conference. – Kherson: KSMA, 2017. – P. 152–156.
16. Tsyganenko O.А. Maritime English for Ensuring Safety of Navigation. The latest trends in teaching foreign language for professional purpose: proceedings of the IV All-Ukrainian (with international participation) scientific-practical conference. – Kherson: Kherson State Maritime Academy, 2017. – P.149–151.
17. Tsyganenko O.А. A Problem of Motivation of Maritime Students in the Process of English Study. Proceedings of the XIV International Scientific Practical Conference, The Latest Scientific Achievements – 2018, March 15-22, 2018. Pedagogical Sciences. Psychology and sociology. : Sofia. “Bial GRAD-BG” – P. 9-13.
18. Tsyganenko O.А. Adaptation of Foreign Students. Modern pedagogy and psychology: methodology, theory and practice: proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference, Kyiv, September 28-29, 2018 – K .: Tavriya National University named after V.I.Vernadsky, 2018. – P. 66- 69.
19. Tsyganenko O.А. On the question of the English language in ensuring the functioning of the merchant fleet. Proceedings of the XXХV International Scientific and Practical Internet Conference “Problems and prospects for the development of science at the beginning of the third millennium in Europe and Asia.” – P.-H. : “Kolibri 2011”, 2017. – P. 212–214.
20. Tsyganenko O.А. The role of English for professional purpose in the formation of the future seafarer’s professional competence. Proceedings of XIII international scientific-practical conference. – Praha: “Education and Science”, 2017. – P. 11–13.
21. Sheveliova-Harkusha N.V. The Main Peculiarities of the Use of Information Technologies in the Study of Foreign Languages. Proceedings of the Fourth All-Ukrainian Multidisciplinary Conference “Black Sea Scientific Studies” “Scientific Notes of the International Humanities University”. – Odessa: Helvetica Publishing House, 2018. – Issue 28. – P. 102-105.
22. Sheveliova-Harkusha N.V. The application of informational Technologies in Maritime English teaching. The latest trends in teaching foreign language for professional purpose: proceedings of the IV All-Ukrainian (with international participation) scientific-practical conference. – Kherson: KSMA, 2017. – P. 118–121.
23. Yurzhenko A., Popova H., Sherman M. The concept of sustainable development in higher maritime education. Current issues of higher professional education in Ukraine: Proceedings of the VIII International Scientific and Practical Conference. March 20, 2020. Current issues of higher professional education: a collection of scientific papers / under general edition of L.V. Baranovska. – K .: NAU, 2020. – P. 203-206.
24. Yurzhenko A., Voloshynov S. Experimental study of the formation of English-language communicative competence of future ship engineers. Science of Ukraine – the view of young scientists through the prism of modernity: abstracts of reports of II All-Ukrainian scientific and practical conference with international participation / ed. I. Gerasimenko, O. Palamarchuk. – Cherkasy: FOP Nechitaylo O.F., 2019. – P. 104-106.
25. Yurzhenko A., Voloshynov S. Formation of English-speaking professional competence of future ship engineers in the context of dual education. International scientific and practical conference dedicated to the memory of professors Fomin Yu.Ya. and Semenov V.S. (FS-2019, April 24-28, 2019, Odessa – Istanbul – Odessa): proceedings / Odessa National Maritime University. – Odessa: ONMU, 2019. – P. 324-328.
26. Yurzhenko A., Voloshynov S., Popova H. The use of augmented reality in the formation of English-language competence of future maritime professionals. Mathematics. Information Technology. Education, VIII International scientific and practical conference (Lutsk-Svityaz, June 2-4, 2019) Abstracts. – Lutsk, 2019. – P. 73–75.
27. Yurzhenko A., Voloshynov S., Popova H. Creation of digital educational space of Kherson State Maritime Academy. Status and improvement of security of information and telecommunication systems (SITS’2019): proceedings of 11th All-Ukrainian Scientific and practical conference (June 19-21, 2019). – Mykolaiv, 2019. – P. 9-10.
28. Yurzhenko A., Dyagileva O. Gamification of LearningApps exercises for the formation of communicative competence of future maritime professionals. Problems and prospects of development of modern science: proceedings of XXVI International. Internet conference (Vinnytsia, January 21, 2019). – Vinnytsia, 2019. – Part 5. – P.25-27.
29. Voloshynov S., Popova H., Sherman M., Yurzhenko A. Case study activities while building English communicative competency of future ship engineers using distance learning. IX International Scientific and Practical Conference Mathematics. Information Technology. Education: abstracts. Lutsk-Svityaz, 2020. P.59-62.
30. Popova H., Sherman M., Voloshynov S., Yurzhenko A. Factors contributing to the effective training of future professionals of maritime transport Problems of higher mathematical education: Conference proceedings. VNTU: 2020. URI: https://conferences.vntu.edu.ua/index.php/pmovc/pmovc20/paper/view/10130.
31. Tsyganenko O. Communicative Approach and its Characteristics. Collection of scientific works of the participants of the international scientific-practical conference (Odessa, January 17-18, 2020). Odessa: NGO “Southern Foundation of Pedagogy”, 2020. P. 121-125.
Participation in seminars, forums, round tables, master classes
O. Tsyganenko held an internship at the international educational-methodical centre «Dinternal Education» (32 h) and attended online courses on the platform «Prometheus» (150 h).
Management of research and academic work of applicants for higher education
1. Tiurin V.Ye, Pindosova T.S. ECDIS and paper charts in navigator’s life: advantages and disadvantages. Proceedings of the X All-Ukrainian Student Scientific Conference [Modern Problems of Maritime Transport and Maritime Safety] (Kherson, November 19, 2020). Kherson: KSMA Publishing House, 2020. P. 129–131.
2. Yatsyuk A. Yu., Tsyganenko O.A. Application of IT-Technologies in the Maritime Industry. Proceedings of the All-Ukrainian Student Conference. March 27, 2020 – Mariupol: AMI NU “OMA”, 2020. – P. 90-93.
3. Menshenin O.O., Tsyganenko O.A. International Maritime Organization (IMO): History, Achievements And Development. Proceedings of the X All-Ukrainian Student Scientific Conference [Modern Problems of Maritime Transport and Maritime Safety] (Kherson, November 19, 2020). Kherson: KSMA Publishing House, 2020. P. 184-186.
4. Mirtskhulava G.M., Pindosova T.S. Lifeboats onboard a ship. Proceedings of the X All-Ukrainian Student Scientific Conference [Modern Problems of Maritime Transport and Maritime Safety] (Kherson, November 19, 2020). Kherson: KSMA Publishing House, 2020. P. 187–189.
5. Mitryan D.V., Tsyganenko O.A. The Most Environmentally Friendly Cargo Ship. Proceedings of the X All-Ukrainian Student Scientific Conference [Modern Problems of Maritime Transport and Maritime Safety] (Kherson, November 19, 2020). Kherson: KSMA Publishing House, 2020. P. 258-259.