ADMISSION TO KSMA
To become a student of Kherson State Maritime Academy you need to go through several stages in the following succession:
І. Get invitation for study:
To get invitation for study at Kherson State Maritime Academy you need:
1. Inform us about your desire to study at Kherson State Maritime Academy. In order to do this you need to send us a letter to our e-mail address (email@example.com)
2. Send us the following documents which are necessary for preparing the invitation:
• Copy of the first page of the passport or another document, which proves a foreign citizen’s identity;
• Copy of documents about the previous education (appendix to educational qualifications), which provide information about candidate’s progress in academic subjects;
• Copy of certificate about completing the course of language training (if available);
• Consent to personal data collecting and processing
• Application / Application preparatory
3. To conduct a payment for the visa support (for citizens of countries with visa-required entries to Ukraine). You will receive the bank details and ways of payment by e-mail.
4. To send an invitation you should contact any international post service, which is located on the territory of Ukraine in Kherson city.
ІІ. Come for study to Ukraine in the established term:
Academic year in Ukraine starts on September, 1.
Admission of foreign citizens is conducted, as a rule, from 14 July till 01 November, except for the admission to the Preparatory Department, which is conducted from 01 November till 01 April.
To come for study to Ukraine on time you need:
1. Citizens of countries with visa-required entries to Ukraine must submit: documents for long-stay (student) visa (D13-type visa) to the Embassy of Ukraine in your country (if there is no Embassy of Ukraine in your country, pay attention that the country of visa issuing is stated in the form of the invitation for study). Requirements concerning the documents processing and the procedure of applying for visa should be specified on the website of the Embassy of Ukraine in your country. Besides the documents, which are required for visa opening, original of the invitation for study must be submitted.
2. Citizens of the countries with visa-free entries must have the original of the invitation for study when crossing the Ukrainian border which proves the aim of entry to Ukraine.
3. To inform Kherson State Maritime Academy about the planned date of your arrival to Ukraine and send a ticket and personal information of the person who will meet the foreign citizen to e-mail address of our department (firstname.lastname@example.org). This information must be sent to e-mail of our department no later than 5 days before the date of arrival. Such information is necessary to prepare a letter for a meeting of a foreign citizen and timely inform the Ukrainian State Center for International Education and the border service of Ukraine.
ІІІ. Admission to Kherson State Maritime Academy
To become a student of Kherson State Maritime Academy you need:
According to the “Order of organization of recruitment to studies (internship) of foreign citizens and stateless persons” approved by the Order of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine №1541 from 01.11.2013 with changes conducted according to the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science №1272 from 11.12.2015, submit personally to the International Students Department (main building, room 109) the following documents:
1. Original and notarized copy of the document about the previous obtained educational level (educational-qualification level) on the basis of which the admission is held;
2. Original and notarized copy of the diploma supplement about the previous obtained educational level (educational-qualification level) on the basis of which the admission is held;
3. In case of transfer or renewal to studies at KSMA a foreigner shall submit academic transcript issued by the foreign or Ukrainian educational establishment;
4. For master or post-graduate studies a foreigner shall submit the original and the copy of the document which contains the academic plan of the previous level of higher education, obtained credits, duration of studies and the academic performance;
5. Copy or original of the passport document of the foreigner or the document which proves the identity of the person without citizenship;
6. International physical examination report (naval medicine), Drug & Alcohol Test and vaccination card (legalized by the official health authority of the country from which the foreign citizen arrived), as well as other documents in accordance with the requirements caused by the need to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus;
7. Specialized marine medicine (processed on the territory of Ukraine before enrollment);
8. Medical insurance policy, unless otherwise is provided by the international agreements of Ukraine (processed on the territory of Ukraine after enrollment);
9. 12 photos size 3,5 х 4,5 mm;
10. Copy of the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (if available).
11. Certificate of the beginning of the procedure of nostrification (recognition) of the previous education document.
12. Original of the invitation for study in Ukraine.
Documents, mentioned in the paragraphs 1-5, must be translated into Ukrainian language and notarized. Documents, mentioned in the paragraphs 1-4, must be verified in the countries of their disclosure in that way, which is officially used in this country for such verification, and legalized by the corresponding foreign diplomatic establishment of Ukraine, unless otherwise is provided by the international contracts of Ukraine.
According to the actual legislation of Ukraine all documents about the previous education of foreign citizens must obligatory undergo the Procedure of recognition in the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. Payment for the recognition procedure is made by the customer-foreigner.
In the absence of confirmation of the authenticity and / or equivalence of a foreign educational document, the owner will be expelled by the university.
After submission of documents to the International Students Department, you need to successfully pass the entrance exams:
• English and Math (English-speaking group)
• Ukrainian and Math (Ukrainian-speaking group)
In case of successful passing the entrance exams you will be enrolled to Kherson State Maritime Academy.
To prevent possible fraud the management of Kherson State Maritime Academy informs that the authorized representatives of the institution regarding international students is the Staff of International Students Department (tel +380 552 22 58 85; e-mail: email@example.com)