From 2021 the duties of the head of the department are performed by Yuriy Kushchenko. The department consists of 15 teachers, including 4 associate professors, 9 senior teachers and 2 assistants.
The purpose of the Department of Life Safety and Professional Physical Training is:
-training of cadets in the formation and practice of skills of personal safety, rescue means, firefighting, safety and medical care;
– training optimization of future masters, engineers and electrical-engineers for possible problem situations, for this purpose classes are held in laboratories, on simulators and on a special training ground.
– optimization of physical education of students/cadets, improvement of physical qualities and development of skills with the simultaneous education of spiritual and moral values, thus ensuring that every students/cadets student is ready for productive work activities;
– creation of physical and sport groups, educational sports sections and teams in various sports, providing methodological and practical assistance in organizing their activities;
– organization and holding of physical culture, sports and health measures;
– creation of necessary conditions for cadets-athletes to combine training with sports activities, improving the system of sports and mass competitions. The department carries out its professional activities in accordance with the requirements of the time at the level of world educational standards, training of specialists, who have competencies for their practical activities onboard.