Department goal: high-quality training of cadets, training of Bachelors and Masters in accordance with state educational standards and STCW requirements.
• develop cadets’ ability to maneuver and handle vessel in all conditions.
• provide cadets with knowledge of basic principles of keeping navigational watch and managing bridge personnel.
• provide cadets with knowledge of COLREG, 1972, as amended.
• develop cadets’ ability to use radar and ARPA to ensure safe navigation.
• provide cadets with knowledge of basic principles of vessel design, theory and factors affecting draught and stability, measures which are necessary to ensure vessel draught and stability.
• provide cadets with knowledge of methods, measures and equipment for fighting with marine pollution, precautions to be taken to prevent marine pollution, MARPOL requirements.
• organization of educational process in disciplines which are taught at department. It consisting of theoretical, practical and laboratory parts in accordance with requirements of IMO requirements and national educational standards;
• usage of modern teaching materials in Ukraine and English languages in educational process;
• usage modern technical teaching aids, primarily simulators, in educational process;
• improvement of cadets’ assessment, including current assessment, semester assessments and assessments based on results of completion of disciplines training cycle and final assessment of KSMA graduates.
• improvement of teacher’ knowledge and skills;
• organization of teachers’ participation in scientific and educational activities;
• close cooperation with related departments in terms of increasing educational process efficacy, exchange of experience in use of modern teaching methods.
Department development program:
Providing the department with modern educational professional materials in Ukrainian.
• Department training organization, taking into account requirements regarding teaching methods, including distance learning, interactive training, use of modern technical teaching aids, virtual simulators.
• Organization of cadets’ knowledge assessment, taking into account modern methods, including computer testing during interactive training, computer testing based on results of training (semester, year, oral examinations at the end of training cycle, including online interviewing of cadets who are abroad). The final assessment stage should be organization of state certification, consisting of theoretical and practical parts with use of such modern technical means as simulators.
Room 207, 2 Staroobriadnytska st, (KSMA 3rd training building), Kherson