There is the educational center “Donbas-Ukraine” on the basis of Kherson State Maritime Academy.
The center performs the following tasks:
- сarries out career guidance and publicity activity for applicants from the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions;
- informs the applicants from the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions about the admission policies for study both in KSMA and other universities of Ukraine;
- provides applicants with individual counseling about certification both by a national authorized institution of general secondary education and by an external studies program, contributes to this certification;
- offers consultations on communication with Ukrainian and regional centers for education quality assessment, in particular on preparing, registration and passing of the External Independent Testing (EIT);
- ensures cooperation of KSMA with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Ministry for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine, Representation of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, representatives of Ministry of Social Policy, border guards, administrative service centers, and the like;
- promotes social decisions of applicants and higher education students, namely:
- accommodation of applicants (free of charge) and accompanying persons to the hostel during the entrance exams;
- accommodation in a hostel for the period of study;
- obtaining certificates of internally displaced persons;
- obtaining a passport of a citizen of Ukraine (if necessary);
- submission of documents for obtaining a social scholarship (in case of not receiving an academic one).
The center is open from June 07 to September 24
Mon – Fri: 9:00 to 16:30
Ushakova avenue, 20, room 241
Tel: (0552) 49 40 10
How to get from the railway station:
by minibus No. 35, 9 and trolleybus No. 1 to Pylyp Orlyk bus stop
Order of the Ministry of Education and Science No. 394 of March 13, 2020 “On Amendments to the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated June 14, 2016 No. 667 “On Approval of the List of Authorized Higher Educational Institutions”
Order of the Ministry of Education and Science No. 697 of June 21, 2016 “On approval of the “Procedure for admission of applicants to higher and vocational education institutions from the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions”
Changes to the list of persons exempt from self-isolation (by invitation to study through the Educational centers “Crimea-Ukraine” and “Donbas-Ukraine”)
Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 522 of June 25, 2020 amended Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 392 of May 20, 2020 “On quarantine established in order to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Ukraine and the stages of weakening anti-epidemic measures”
In accordance with the Resolution, participants in entrance exams for admission through the educational centers “Crimea-Ukraine” and “Donbas-Ukraine” at the invitation of the institution of higher education are not subject to self-isolation due to the crossing of checkpoints in the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol and departure from them, together with one accompanying person, if there is no reason to believe that they were in contact with a person with COVID-19.
EDUCATIONAL CENTER WORKS from June 9 to October 23
Taking applications for state-funded education till July 16
Entrance exams till July 19
Enrollment till 23 July
Application deadline for fee-paying education “Donbas-Ukraine” till September 24.
How to get secondary education if a child lives in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (step by step instructions)
Don’t stop till you get your goal!
Contact line of Open Policy Foundation for schoolchildren, applicants and students from Donbas and Crimea on receiving Ukrainian education, supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
+38 068-951-25-13; +38 050-550-54-11 (Viber / Telegram / WhatsApp / Skype: DostupnaOsvita) on weekdays from 9:00 to 18:00 (from 13:00 to 14:00 – lunch time)
Video lessons on preparation for State Final Examination (SFE), External Independent Testing (EIT) on the Ukrainian language and literature and History of Ukraine.
Internet platform “Affordable Education” (http://dostupnaosvita.com.ua) where video lessons on preparation for SFE, EIT on the Ukrainian language and literature and History of Ukraine, step-by-step instructions on distance secondary education, etc.